Extremely low volume with Corsair Vengeance 1500

Sturmgewehr_44

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
Hi. I was having some severe issues with my mic not picking up sound so I went over to the Corsair site and installed the latest driver, 2.0.16. I did this and the software looked considerably different from when I first got it. Was it the 1.1 driver??? Anyway, the software isn't responsive and the sound at 100% is extremely low. It sounds about half of that to be precise. As a side note, Microsoft installed some drivers after I plugged the 1500 in again, so I'm not sure if it overwritten the actual Corsair driver I installed previously. I never had a problem with audio in the year or so that I owned this headset, and I'm pretty clueless when it comes to audio or headsets. What is exactly going on here?

Sturmgewehr_44

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
Edit: I actually figured out the low volume problem. Now, I'm getting pretty bad static (it isn't "true" static, it just kind of feels like a slight buzzing sound, but it is quite annoying and not what I'm used to) and the sound quality is pretty awful. The driver is Corsair, so I know it was installed right. The Microsoft driver actually sounds more like what I was used to before this happened, but I know the old Corsair drivers were working because I was using 5.1 surround. With the Microsoft drivers, I can only get Stereo, which doesn't match my previous set up. Does anyone know where I can get the original 1.1 driver? These new ones are obviously very buggy and don't work very well.