Facebook always locked!

OC7

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I have this frustrating issue I cant understand.
95% I login, my account "is temporarily locked" and I have to type a captcha and then recognize a few of my friends. The message says that it seems I haven't logged in from this device (which is always the same pc). I thought it was CCleaner's fault with cookies but I can't understand how the fb lock won't happen sometimes (even after using CCleaner). What am I doing wrong?

Win 8.1,Firefox

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
That doesn't sound like Facebook, to be honest.

First off, unless you have 2nd-level verification set up on your Facebook account, it doesn't "lock" your account. My wife usually uses Firefox to access Facebook; on our desktop, Firefox deletes the history & cookies when you close it out, but she only ever has to log in with her username & password.

I, OTOH, use Seamonkey for my primary web browsing; it's set to save cookies & history, so I don't have to worry about logging in. I have 2nd-level verification set up, though, so if I log in on a new PC (or even in a different browser), I get an SMS text with a code that I enter into the site. However, I never have to use a "captcha" field, let alone verify who my friends are.

Are you sure that you're actually logging directly into Facebook, & that your browser hasn't been hijacked?

OC7

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

I don't get any login attempt notification (e-mail) except the time I try to login (same password)

Its the correct page and firefox remembers username and password. Sometimes it just logins without a problem. I'm so confused

sanjeevmalik

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014
m assuming that u use any mobile browser. or some one is trying to use ur account. will suggest u to change the password first then check ur login sessions and see whether some one's using ur account in past or not by going to seeting->security tab->[Where You're Logged In]

now clear all the trusted browser by simply navigating to the option above the [Where You're Logged In]
which says [Trusted Browser]

u can get the login information by just selecting the check box provided in [Login Notifications]
present right at the top of these option. select the way of getting notifications and check it.

now ur safe and sound.

lemme knw if u need any help. dont forget selecting as the best answer if it helped u.

OC7

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Im starting to think its my provider's fault. I checked the security tab you mentioned, and the current session (I had just logged in) doesn't show my City but a close one (same country) and when I check my IP location they match.

sanjeevmalik

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014
i guess its not because of ur ISP because there is nothing that a ISP can do to ur account. till he's not trying to hack it. lol!
but having said there can b only 2 things left.

1. there are repeated attempts to open ur account.
2. u take a lot of time to open ur account. as in u don use ur account so often.

if 1st just get ur security improved a bit. if 2nd then just use ur account a bit more often. :)

OC7

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Yes but fb tracks your IP (thats why you cant sign it from another country without confirmation)

1. Wouldn't that trigger the mail notification (the one I get when I try to log in, which also shows the location attempt)?
2. A couple days. Also the message I get is that it appears I try to log from a different device

sanjeevmalik

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014

as u said ur getting these messages so often then try to make ur account a bit more secure.
sorry for the late reply. let me knw if u have any problem doing so.