Facebook Email Switch Screwing with Address Books Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiraticaL

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
You'd think they'd learn to test some of these changes on a smaller scale before widespread implementation by now.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Have any of you experienced issues with @facebook addresses overwriting regular email addresses in your contacts? Let us know in the comments below!

No overwrite, only added a new "Facebook email" but my primary email is still the one used for creating the FB account. Surprised myself.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I used FB twice..

In that, I mean created an account over two years ago to experience it. I saw what I time-sink and security problem it was at the time and DELETED (not disabled) the account.

Gave it another try later from the "second chances" perspective. Even while integrating with a smart phone and the ability to tell people who care when and what kind of coffee I drink in the morning, for all you narcissistic types, still unimpressed. I had been on the fence about deleting it again, but did so right after the IPO and the pump-n-dump |=uckerberg and his crew did.

Now this? Wow! I'm seeing that I made the correct decision to get out.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
I like the change, and I'm wondering does this only affect crapOS? Everything appears fine here on Android. Sounds like crApple's fault to me.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
So many of my friends look at me as crazy because I do not and never had a FB account. Here is just another reason why. From my point of view I do not trust the integrity and ethics of those running services like FB. They will do anything to make more money from their product. Either the managers and techs at FB are incompetent (having designed and distributed a system with massive/far reaching unknown side effects) or it is working just as intended. No way they would ever tell the users that they planned for the email and address hijacking. So they look all dewy eyed and scratch their heads issuing press releases say they had no idea...

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
[citation][nom]Pawessum16[/nom]I like the change, and I'm wondering does this only affect crapOS? Everything appears fine here on Android. Sounds like crApple's fault to me.[/citation]
Remind me not to comment on Tom's Guide because it's impossible to edit comments, and when you reply from the forums, your comment gets lost. Thanks.
Anyways I wanted to say that I was mistaken and it appears to affect early versions of Android and iOS. Either way, this appears to be a frustrating problem, and I'm just glad this doesn't affect me. BTW, the hate towards Facebook on Toms does well at exhibiting the average age of its users LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.