Facebook Now Allowing You to Edit Old and New Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

javaskull

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
This is going to be fantastic for trolling. I can't wait to post something inflammatory, then edit it to something innocuous, and then to complain about the flames I get.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I wonder how complicated prosecutions would become when someone commits a crime and makes a self-incriminating post, then goes back and edits it.

G

only noobs who have no life and have no respect for their own privacy use facebook.
welcome to the internet.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
so no when you call someone a whore on facebook and they call you out on it you can edit it 54 months after you said it and erase it and say i didn't say that i said you were a bore. lol

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Seriously, Facebook didn't have this (I wouldn't know, I don't use it)? No one ever thought of including an edit feature? This is basic stuff.

cold fire

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Any changes to their ToS?[/citation]

Yes. Now it says: "All your privacy are belong to us".

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Ahaaaaa....now you can 'correct' all those late night dodgy comments posted during the partaking of the amber nectar.

...if you remember.

G

looks like most of you guys didnt bother to even read the article: if someone edits a facebook post, the old version will be still visible for everyone.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Completely awkward for some people above making comments of how they're going to use the new feature, since people can actually view the 'Edit History'..L2readthewholearticle.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Devoteicon[/nom]And the last horse finally crosses the finish line.[/citation]

Nah, that would be THG... we still can not edit our adventurous spelling errors :)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Antimatter79[/nom]I wonder how complicated prosecutions would become when someone commits a crime and makes a self-incriminating post, then goes back and edits it.[/citation]

Thought that too at first but You need to re-read... you see ALL versions ! Original and the various edited ones !

monkeymonk

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]javaskull[/nom]This is going to be fantastic for trolling. I can't wait to post something inflammatory, then edit it to something innocuous, and then to complain about the flames I get.[/citation]
This was my first though lol.
Steps:
1Get drunk
2be an A-hole
3edit post
4lol

Status
Not open for further replies.