Faulty Display Cable/LCD/Inverter (Asus N550JV-DB72T)

Draxx4321

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
Hello,

I have an Asus N550JV-DB72T whose screen is not turning on or showing any image. It began this morning after my brother swapped my screen with his (Asus N550JK-DS71T) to test if his screen or display cable was bad. My screen didn't work on his laptop but his screen worked on mine. When he attempted to try it again, he forogt to remove the batteries on both systems and there was a small electrical spark at the display connector port of both systems. As of right now, neither screen assembly is working on my laptop.

Please kindly advise on what to do next. This system was purchased internationally and there are no repair parts or centers for this Asus Model in my country and the nearest repair center is South Africa. I'm trying to ascertain if it's the LCD that's bad or the LCD cable so I can order it once and fix the system. I also do not know if this system uses an inverter.

I don't have a monitor or TV with a HDMI port but I can almost confirm that the system boots completely because the sequence of the keyboard lights for the POST is successful. I've searched for a similar problem and I've not been able to find one.

Thanks for your time.

PS: Sorry if I reply a little late, I'm using a frustratingly slow 7inch tab to type this.

Draxx4321

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
If you have LCD screen , you need and have inventer. LED dont have, but both have backlight :)
However, you have few solution for this. Check screen connection in to motherboard or replace screen. You can order on Amazon or Aliexpress.
Just write somewhere LCD SCREEN MODEL NUMBER, you can find that on the back of your screen.

Ok, thanks. I was just hoping if it was possible to pinpoint if it was the cable or screen ($20 vs $85 @ current exchange rate it's hefty :'( ). Thanks, I'll consider ordering both. Seems like there's no other choice.

Draxx4321

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
Thanks. I'm so pissed with myself as to why I didn't remove the battery but I've done this numerous times and it's never happened like this. No clue why it did this now.