Solved! Firefox Add-On=Slow Browser Opening

Equator21

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
If I disable Remove It Permanently (a Firefox add-on), my browser comes up pretty much immediately. If it is enabled, Firefox takes 5 minutes to open. Is there anything I can do about this? (I close my browser every hour or so to erase files (cookies, cache, etc)
Dell Optiplex 755
2.66 mhz Core 2 Duo processor (E6700)
Windows XP Pro
FirePro 2260 PCI
160gb SATA drive
275W psu
4gb DDR2 RAM
ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall
Zone Alarm Pro Anti-Virus
Update: Remove It Permanently is indispensable to me, because I hate floating content (drop-down bars and such), so uninstalling it is not an option until I find something that does not interfere with my browser opening.

Solution
You could disable it at the end of every session then when te browser opens quickly, re-enable it. I use Adblock Plus in Firefox along with UbLockOrigin and Ghostery with no slow running or opening and no adverts or trackers.

Maybe deleting everything so often is actually slowing things down. Firefox must think it's freshly installed at every startup.
You could disable it at the end of every session then when te browser opens quickly, re-enable it. I use Adblock Plus in Firefox along with UbLockOrigin and Ghostery with no slow running or opening and no adverts or trackers.

Maybe deleting everything so often is actually slowing things down. Firefox must think it's freshly installed at every startup.

Solution

Equator21

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
@Saga: Yes, I would enable Remove it Permanently after opening Firefox, but when I try that, it says I have to close and re-open the browser for Remove It Permanently to work, so I'm back at "square one".
My primary concern (target) is floating material; drop-down bars, widgets, sprites.., anything that I still see when I scroll. Floating bar at top of Amazon item pages is the worst offender, somehow by-passing Remove It Permanently and taking 11-12 clicks of FireFox Web Developer Tool to remove it from the page, so ads and trackers are an issue (target), but I am most concerned with the distraction of floating content that obscures both text and images.
I defeated Remove It permanently for the last couple days, and even though I am erasing with Tracks Eraser Pro all the time, the browser opens almost instantly, so it is not the file erasing that is doing it. It is definitely Remove It Permanently. (I use Adblock Plus, too).
@SR: I'll try those apps and get back to you.
Update: Yeah. Bluehell did nothing that Adblock Plus didn't and with Ublock Origin, I was getting "request denied", or some-such, when I tried to close selective elements of a web page.