Firefox Surfing History

ILoveIL

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015
Help! Is my browsing history lost? I needed to format the computer and I wanted to save my Firefox's surfing history, so I checked where Firefox saves browsing history and found that it saves it in the profiles folder (users/appdata/Local/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/.default). And so I saved the files there. Before proceeding to format I even checked that these files store the Firefox browsing history. After reinstalling Windows 10, I reinstalled Firefox and when went to the profiles folder I saw a folder with a different name: .default. When I copied the backed up files to that folder the browser didn't recognize my history. I also tried to change the folder name to what it was previously but still no luck. What is puzzling me is why Firefox recognized theses files before but now it is not. Is it encrypted? Can I do something???

Pls Help

nukemaster

Distinguished
I use Firefox sync(built into the browser). Bookmarks and History are on all my Firefox computers this way.

It has worked pretty good for me. The only downside is favicons(favorite icon) do not sync. They do come back when you visit a page again.

ILoveIL

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015

What is written.there is simply to copy the backed up content to the new randomly generated profile. Like I said in the OP that was what I did...

ILoveIL

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015
sorry sorry sorry Jackie pls dont hit me. Just used the wrong location: users/appdata/Local/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/ABC.default instead of users/appdata/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/ABC.default