Clacboy13

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
I m 15 years old and I would love to get into programming.I already know html and CSS.I have a mac computer so I want to make apps for osx and iOS.Which programming language i should learn first?

Solution
The first language I learned (besides HTML which isn't a programming language) was Python. I found that moving to C, C++, and Java after learning Python was much easier. Python is a high-level language that means it does a lot of the work on the hardware level for you. It's also one of the most popular after the variations of C and Java.

Blaise170

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
The first language I learned (besides HTML which isn't a programming language) was Python. I found that moving to C, C++, and Java after learning Python was much easier. Python is a high-level language that means it does a lot of the work on the hardware level for you. It's also one of the most popular after the variations of C and Java.

Solution

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I'm old enough that my first language was BASIC (on a PDP-11). Of the languages I've studied though, I consider structured programming in Pascal to be the most valuable; the techniques I learned could be applied to almost any other language. For example, no matter how complex, a properly structured program will not use "GoTo" statements or associated labels.
I believe the techniques are particularly suited to C, C++, and similar variants. Other than making mods in others' stuff, I am not extremely familiar with Visual Basic. My most remarkable programming feat (IMHO) was some RBase database code that wrote and executed its own routines.

TRENDING THREADS