Oct 25, 2015
Laptop spec :
MSi GE62 2QE
CPU : Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965m GDDR5 2GB
RAM : 8GB DDR3L
Windows 8.1 64bit
Laptop age : almost a year

Okay so here the problem I notice this recently that my fps drop after few minutes playing games such as CSGO and GTAV , the settings I'm using is on optimal settings by NVIDIA GeForce Experience . I start realized it when I'm on windows 10 but after I rolled back and factory restore to windows 8.1 the problem persist . Usually on CSGO my fps will maintain at 110++ plus or minus 2 , but now it can drop until 60 or sometimes 50-40 and my CPU/GPU temp. is around 85-75celcius(already turn up my cooler boost 3 by MSi)

Is it because overheating by dust ? Cause my friend and I bought the same laptop and he don't have any problems plus he bought 3-4 months earlier and never clean up dust once but to compare with him I spend more time on laptop . But other than dust what could be the problem ? possible software problem ? and possible hardware problem ?

warhead0

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
it sounds like you are thermal throttling. 75-85c is very hot.

Your GPU is getting too hot and so it lowers it's performance to help cool down.

Perhaps your friend is alot ore pro-active when it comes to cleaning his laptop?
An air-conditioned environment would also be good for preventing dust.
Maybe your environment at home is naturally dirty/dusty.

I would first of all ensure drivers are up to date (probably not the cause)

It does sound like this could be a dust build up casing these issues.