Free (no trial version) video trimming/cutting app.

Maxarini

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
I record gameplay videos for youtube sometimes on my PC but I usually end up filming myself messing around in the options or in a menu or something like that.

I want a simple free program that will let me cut those sections out.

I really would have liked movavi video editor but its a 7 day trial and it leaves a watermark on the videos.

Do any of you know a good free and simple program that will do this?

Solution
I'm able to use MKVTOOLNIX to do this. https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html#windows

There may be easier programs. Here's an example of how to cut out a section of one video:

1. MKVMerge-> Global-> Splitting-> Split Mode-> "split after duration"

2. Choose the BEGINNING of the part to be removed

3. "Max number of files" to TWO

4. REPEAT with the LAST HALF of the two pieces (view with player for time) and enter the END of the part to be removed

5. MERGE the files by dragging the first section in the "Input" section then use "append"

6. VERIFY it works and delete unneeded files.

*It seems messy but I had a hard time finding any good software. With a bit of practice this works great for me. The file container...
I'm able to use MKVTOOLNIX to do this. https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html#windows

There may be easier programs. Here's an example of how to cut out a section of one video:

1. MKVMerge-> Global-> Splitting-> Split Mode-> "split after duration"

2. Choose the BEGINNING of the part to be removed

3. "Max number of files" to TWO

4. REPEAT with the LAST HALF of the two pieces (view with player for time) and enter the END of the part to be removed

5. MERGE the files by dragging the first section in the "Input" section then use "append"

6. VERIFY it works and delete unneeded files.

*It seems messy but I had a hard time finding any good software. With a bit of practice this works great for me. The file container will remain MKV (Matroska).

Solution