Friends can hear music playing on pc through discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

nod45

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
I recently got the Razer Kraken Pro V2 and i'm using Razer Surround sound. The issue occurs when i'm in discord with my friends. I will either be listening to music or playing PUBG and they can hear gunshots or the music. Youtube and Discord will play through my normal headphones on playback devices but PUBG will play through the Razer Surround Audio Controller in playback devices.

EDIT: There is an in line mute switch and when my microphone is muted my friends can still hear noises.

Solution
I did some research and found some more information on it:

"There are only two ways that would happen.
First of all in windows the headset should be setup as a default communications device.

If someone can here what music you are playing it means you are running a set of speakers playing music ect.
At the same time.

If you are and your intention is to hear Teamspeak chat, and in game sounds, or playing music. Without them hearing it.
Then set the device from default communication device to default device in windows.

In windows 7 right click on the speaker icon next to the time.
Select playback devices.
Right click on headphones, set as default device."

nod45

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

Is this a windows program?

Illias Illtempered

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
I did some research and found some more information on it:

"There are only two ways that would happen.
First of all in windows the headset should be setup as a default communications device.

If someone can here what music you are playing it means you are running a set of speakers playing music ect.
At the same time.

If you are and your intention is to hear Teamspeak chat, and in game sounds, or playing music. Without them hearing it.
Then set the device from default communication device to default device in windows.

In windows 7 right click on the speaker icon next to the time.
Select playback devices.
Right click on headphones, set as default device."

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.