NeleRS

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
Hello guys,

I need board schematics (also boardview if available) for Fujitsu-Siemens (Celsius Mobile Edition H700)

Thanks.

NeleRS

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

Hello friend! You think that there is possibility from support to give full motherboard schematics?

NeleRS

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

On display connector, pin 40 I got 19.75Vdc

It seems that backlight lamp is getting power... What do you think?

NeleRS

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

35 - 0.57Vdc

NeleRS

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

Brightness is on max... Do you have expected values for every pin?

NeleRS

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

Nope, I don't have oscilloscope but collecting money for one.... Also planning to buy one Amscope microscope, but It's out of my budget right now... Yes, I'm from BanjaLuka (as/if you've seen on other forums)... Where are u from?
I've also measured pin2 and I got exactly 3.13V, so it's fine... I actually measured every pin, but I don't clearly know their meaning... So if you have, please can you write down description of 40 pins and also if you have pnout for 30pin connectors (in my future problems).

Actually the computer I got is not mine, it is from friend of mine and he got some issues with pc service. They told him that his motherboard is dead (gpu precisely). But at the end he gave me the laptop to see what's going on. So first in service they said it's screen, then flat cable and on the end gpu issue. But gpu is perfectly fine, because it works fine on external monitor. There is picture visible if I light up the screen (lines in rgb, black spots and some icons). My problem is that I don't have any parts (in this case screen to try it on laptop), so I decided to post it on forum to get some more info or precisely what can be the problem. I don't want to buy a part (new screen or flat cable, for example) and on the end find out that something else is defective.

Thank you so much for your help and I hope we will find out what is the problem.

An oscilloscope is certainly a plus for troubleshouting, a microscope, not for me even if I have bad sight. I'm from Montréal, Québec, Canada. So, for the description of your 40 pins, I found that your laptop could use a B156HW01-V0 screen, you can find the datasheet easily on the internet. You have a picture on an external and you see something on the screen on an angle, so the screen and the cable is good because you have 19.75 volts on the pin 40, the LED enable pin 36 you have 3.28 volts, BUT you have 0.57 volt on pin 35, meaning the pin 35 is the PMW, the brighness of the screen, I wrote you should have between 2.5 and 5.5 volts to function. The problem is on the motherboard, the chip controlling the brighness or some component between.

NeleRS

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

So I got the other screen which is broken, but backlight works fine. I connected it and backlight got back! Then I connected old screen and it's backlight also started working. Damn, this is confusing me... How can it be possible that the other screen can do something to enable backlight back? I also measured the pin35 after and I got the voltage you said (3+Vdc). Both screens are cracked so I will search for working one.

Now I'm thinking about backlight circuitry. So System PWM Logic Input level was disabled, I mean with out signal in it. What can cause this? Why should it sometimes work and sometimes not (without my interaction)? I can remember when a friend of mine told me that sometimes he was losing backlight and after some restarting it starts working (not in his last attempts). Today I left computer powered-on with broken screen and backlight was working fine for almost 5 hours... What do you think about this all?