Galaxy Tab Pro S updated and now won't work.

Jun 15, 2018
After an overnight update, I went to use my tablet and once I put my password in to sign on, nothing would work or open. I then tried to hard restart, and once I signed on, it sticks on a black screen. I can move my cursor, but nothing else ever loads.

Any suggestions?

Solution
Try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will allow you to uninstall whatever was updated. And be careful of any updates in the future. If the update wasn't in the phone's settings, it may well have not been a real update but something else. So you may want to check the device for malware, viruses, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
Try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will allow you to uninstall whatever was updated. And be careful of any updates in the future. If the update wasn't in the phone's settings, it may well have not been a real update but something else. So you may want to check the device for malware, viruses, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution