Galaxy Tab S 10.5 stuck on Samsung boot screen

Biastad

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" that I purchased right after launch. It's the model with no cellular provider.

I just updated it to Marshmallow tonight. After installing, the device restarted and has been stuck on Samsung loading screen for two hours. What do I do now?

I should add that I have not rooted the device or done anything that would cause a problem with downloading official updates. I bought it new, also.

Biastad

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016

I guess they backtracked on their initial statement, because I did a factory reset a few hours ago and was able to get updated to 6.0.1.

Biastad

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016

I did have an SD card inserted when I did the update. I removed it before doing the second update, the successful one.

Also I don't have the Verizon version. I just have the Wi-Fi only one. I do have a Verizon cell phone though. Maybe I was somehow tagged as a Verizon user? I dunno.

But to do the Marshmallow update, I just did the stock "settings-about-check for update". No funny stuff.

Interesting. I have looked around for a fix for the issues, but with it but all the fixes I am finding involve rooting. I am thinking the error is to new, due to the update being so new, but I could be wrong.

Anyone else out there reading this have any suggestions?