Sidharth Sreekumar

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
I was playing Warframe on my HP Pavilion 15-P045TX laptop. I used to get around 50 FPS normally. An hour ago i unplugged the laptop charger and the FPS dropped to around 5 FPS.
I used to run the game in normal FPS even without the power input. But this time i don't know what happened but the FPS dropped. I tried contacting the HP Support and they are asking me to do a system restore. I can't do that. If someone out there can help me, I would appreciate it.

System Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 4510U
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 840M 2GB

ModernWarfare

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
your laptop may be saving alot of performance to keep the battery running longer try going to control panel - Hardware and Sound - Power options - Set it to "performance". see how that works out.

Sidharth Sreekumar

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
I have tried switching to performance but still it has the problem. I have encountered this problem before. What i did before was to uninstall all display drivers from my laptop and reinstall. It helped at hat time and I'm not sure if that's what helped me back then. But this time it is not helping. I tried reinstalling both intel hd and geforce drivers

ModernWarfare

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
in your laptop bios if you have a feature called speedstep disable it and save. also go to your Nvidia control panel - go to - manage 3D settings - look for - Power management Mode - Set it to - "Prefer Maximum Performance"