Solved! Gateway Laptop NV77H23u will not power on

Dark Star Balla

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
I noticed it's been freezing up sometimes just to note. I shut it down about 2 weeks ago it wouldn't turn back on. The blue power light blinked a few times and then nothing. So I unplugged it, took out the battery and held the power button down for 30 secs and put the battery back in plugged it up and then it powered up. Forward to Thursday night. I shut it down, woke up the next morning tried to power it up power light blinks 5 times and then nothing. I unplugged it, took out the battery and held the power button down for 3 minutes, put the battery back in plugged it up and hit power same blinking 5 times. I unplugged it, took out the battery took out the memory blew it out with air and held the power button down for 3 minutes put the battery back in plugged it up and hit power same blinking 5 times. I even took out the battery and tried to power it with just the power cord and nothing not even a blink. I am stumped.

Samaratin

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
Solution

Samaratin

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
i had to buy a power adapter myself for my Dell that had the plugged in not charging issues a while back... ordered the Rosewill adapter that had a full set of tips for various laptop brands, been very happy with it, especially for the price.

Dark Star Balla

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008

It's good to have a spare. Been meaning to buy one. Now I have to. I only hope this is the issue. There's no way (that I know of) to really be certain.

Samaratin

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
I wonder if there's anywhere you could just take it to check the power supply idea, that way you're not spending money you don't have to, unless you really were meaning to pick one up. I will say, having a multi-laptop adapter is very useful especially when my parents visit and forget theirs