GD Gemini Device Tablet

colinkavan

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
Everything on the GD Gemini Tablet seems to be frozen from the first window. I have tried the Power and V+ and Power and V- System. I managed to get it to the Little Green Logo, and did a hard reset a few times, plus a reset through the little hole as advised. Nothing seems to work, and unable to Boot up or enter the device.
I should mention that the Tablet wasn't used for 2 years, but was stored in it's cover for that time.

Solution
Hmm. My apologies I must have misread something originally. You might want to try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load correctly then. If it does, then there may well be something (app, virus, malware, etc.) on the device that is the cause. However, if it still happens when starting up in "Safe Mode" then it could be a problem in the OS or even hardware.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps...

colinkavan

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
Even though it lights up onto the first window, and the Little Green Logo window? Also gets me onto the Boot window, although no further. but can stay lit up for a while. If I thought new batteries would work I would buy them, but they seem firmly taped up and (possibly) glued to the frame. It appears there is no proper connection to the battery either, and possibly soldered to the wires which doesn't help.

colinkavan

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

Hmm. My apologies I must have misread something originally. You might want to try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load correctly then. If it does, then there may well be something (app, virus, malware, etc.) on the device that is the cause. However, if it still happens when starting up in "Safe Mode" then it could be a problem in the OS or even hardware.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution

colinkavan

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

colinkavan

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
Hi thanks for your msg. I have now removed the Battery as someone suggested, however it was solder connected regrettably. I will try to find a suitable Battery and will try your suggestion, although Having tried various methods for a while, believe there is something more serious going on inside, so may end up Binning it. Thanks for your help.