Gearing Up, Mobile Social Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
If my lifestyle was as such, the most important thing i would want to know is how fast i could get recording. Because the worst thing is where you see something happen and you cant pull out your camera in time or you cant get it up running and recording video fast enough. Next time toms does a review of this nature i want the "in the bag to recording video in your hands" time. That's what a blogger or anyone who wants to share an experience that happened to them wants to know. There needs to be a button on every camera, camera phone, and video cam for instant record or pictures. Just pull out your recording device, hit this button (whether the device is on or not), and you got a picture/vid of whatever you just saw instantly. No going through menus and what not. The bag in a review like this should almost have a video camera holster so that the camera can be protected when on the go but can be quickly drawn out to "shoot". No body thinks of these things, but when a split second accident occurs your gonna have no time to capture it when your Kodak camera takes 10 sec to boot up. Still a great review btw

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
Anything for you.
I just tested this feature on the Vado HD. 3.3 seconds.
2.8 of those seconds is to press the button to power it on and have the ready screen appear. Half a second to go from ready to actual recording.
I'd say that's pretty darn quick but I will compare it to the Flip Mino HD tomorrow! If I recall correctly, this is faster than the Flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.