Solved! Get all features from Yamaha YAS-207 with correct connection.

Jan 22, 2019
Hi everyone.
I stack, really stack and need your help.

How to connect the soundbar to get 4k DTS:X sound from the TV, Apple TV, and PS4 Slim. I want to get DTS:X sound from PS4, watch 4k DTS:X movies from TV USB and Apple TV.

My setup

TV Philips 49puh4900/88 (400гц,Ultra HD 4k)
Connection: HDMI 1 ARC, HDMI 2, HDMI 3 ARC, Digital audio out, etc

Apple TV
Connection: HDMI Out

PS4 SLim
Connection: HDMI Out

Yamaha YAS-207
Connection: HDMI In ARC, HDMI Out

Thanks a lot,
Artem

Solution
That soundbar supports DTS VirtualX not actual DTS-X. Not at all the same thing.
It doesn't seem to support lossless audio like Dolby TrueHD either so you would connect all your sources to the TV with HDMI. You could use the TV optical audio output but if you used HDMI-ARC to connect the soundbar and turned on CEC in the TV it might make using the soundbar simpler since the TV remote would turn it on and adjust the soundbar volume over the HDMI cable. The optical and ARC connections are equal in quality.
Jan 22, 2019
You mean

Apple TV HDMI Out -> TV HDMI 1 ARC
PS4 Slim -> HDMI 2
TV Digital audio out -> Soundbar HDMI In ARC

And I will get amazing higher-resolution audio, including the formats found on Blu-ray: Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio?

Reactions: Tunes10
That soundbar supports DTS VirtualX not actual DTS-X. Not at all the same thing.
It doesn't seem to support lossless audio like Dolby TrueHD either so you would connect all your sources to the TV with HDMI. You could use the TV optical audio output but if you used HDMI-ARC to connect the soundbar and turned on CEC in the TV it might make using the soundbar simpler since the TV remote would turn it on and adjust the soundbar volume over the HDMI cable. The optical and ARC connections are equal in quality.

Solution
Jan 22, 2019
Thank you for your answers. Last question. In the box with soundbar Yamaha placed thin, super thin optical cable. I saw more solid cables. Should I buy another? Will the sound be better?

Mar 13, 2019
You mean

Apple TV HDMI Out -> TV HDMI 1 ARC
PS4 Slim -> HDMI 2
TV Digital audio out -> Soundbar HDMI In ARC

And I will get amazing higher-resolution audio, including the formats found on Blu-ray: Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio?

Hi.

Do you get DTS (red light in DD/DTS) with this configuration from Apple tv?

Last edited: