Getting lag and fps dropped when charging toshiba satellite

BabyRagePeru

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
hey there, here is my problem, so i bought a toshiba satellite c45-c4205k a few weeks ago, i got no time to test in game performance but i thought it were going to be ok, it weren't, when the battery is full charge i can play games normally (mostly dota 2) and i have 50-60 fps but when the battery gets low enough (after 2 hours gaming) i connect the ac and the fps drops to 5-10 and the laptop becomes really really lagged, even when surfing the web, i hope you guys can tell what to do, i found some help searching in google and i disabled 4 processors on device manager, that improved the problem, i was using windows 8.1, but then i upgraded to windows 10 and the problem comeback, help me please.
sorry for my bad english, is not my native language.
Laptop specs are:
Toshiba satellite c45-c4205k
dc19v 2.37a
ram 6 gb
intel core i5 5th generation
Intel Hd Graphics 5500

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps.
- Right click on the battery icon on the bottom right corner and select Power Options.
- Change the power plan to High Performance then click on Change plan settings next to it.
- Look for Processor power management and make sure to change whats under it to 100% or Active
- Click Apply and OK.
- Next is to open Intel Graphics Control Panel and look for Power and click on it.
- Select on Battery and make sure to set it to Maximum Performance
- Do the same with "When plugged in"
- Click Apply then OK.
- Test the laptop again.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps.
- Right click on the battery icon on the bottom right corner and select Power Options.
- Change the power plan to High Performance then click on Change plan settings next to it.
- Look for Processor power management and make sure to change whats under it to 100% or Active
- Click Apply and OK.
- Next is to open Intel Graphics Control Panel and look for Power and click on it.
- Select on Battery and make sure to set it to Maximum Performance
- Do the same with "When plugged in"
- Click Apply then OK.
- Test the laptop again.

Solution