Getting Marantz SR8001 to Recognize PC Sound Card Settings

hockster

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
I'm hoping somebody can offer some tips here. I've hooked up my PC (running Windows 7) to my Marantz SR8001 receiver, via the ATI 5870 video card HDMI connection that is hooked into the VCR1 HMDI port on the receiver. I'm able to get sound through the system, however I am not able to adjust any sound properties (equalizer settings) in the actual Soundblaster X-Fi sound card settings/properties program on the PC. I tried hooking up the sound card directly into the receiver via a 3.5mm to RCA jack adapter that was plugged into the sound card digital out port. I tried the auxillary ports and a few others on the receiver but could never get any sound to come though, which is why I resorted to running the sound through the video card HDMI port, along with the video. I checked various settings, tried a different RCA cable but couldn't get any sound. I'd really like to be able to control the sound card properties in the PC that reflect through the receiver, is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

I am not sure this will help but you have to assign the audio connection being used to the input on the receiver. For example VCR1 has its audio set to HDMI. If you want to use digital 4 (coax) you would need to assign it to an input using the input menu on the receiver. You can download the manual from Marantz if you don't have it.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Try this setup: Put your media player like PowerDVD audio output set to SPDIF thenhave your Soundblaster set to internal decoder (Do not use bypass or pass thru).

Not particularly sure though if the soundblaster application allows you to control audio enhacement using HDMI but it will allow you to do it using analog connections.