Girl Halts Kidnapping by Pretending iPod is iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
thank goodness it wasn't iPhone 4...

you know with that crappy antenna reception...

good thing All Mighty Steve didn't change the look of iPod to look like the iPhone 4...

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
After a few experiences I've had (I won't detail), I doubt the validity of a majority of the 'kidnapping' claims that middle school girls make.

It take a special kind of idiot to try poaching middle school girls out directly in front of a middle school. And that special kind of idiot most likely wouldn't have had the sense to drive off.

On an journalism related note, it's time Toms hires Marcus two full time proof readers.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]"The man, described as a white male, 35-45 years of age, with a dark crew cut styled hair, then quickly afterward."...what?[/citation]

i was thinking the same thing... assumption is speed off... just a lucky guess

I like positive stories like these and they can teach others to use there brains, I bet the 12 year old after being educated about apple though would pick something else, though this time it worked to her advantage

mabran

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Yet another useless RAH RAH apple article. This could have happened with any device, but it's apple so it's special here at Toms

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
The title should be:
Girl Halts kidnapping by Refusing to Get in Stranger's Van"

The thing with the phony phone was kinda redundant.
on the other hand, if she would have gotten in the van, I doubt even a real phone would have saved her.
Teach your kids not to do that, and they'll be fine (unless they're in the woods somewhere, not in the middle of the town in front of a school).
Common sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.