God is Watching: Cinema Warns Torrenting Pirates

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I'll make a deal with the theaters. Either drop your prices to reasonable levels for food/drinks, or allow me to take in my own without having to sneak them, and I won't never torrent another movie *till it comes out on dvd anyways* again. I'll be more then happy to pay 10$ to watch the movie. But I refused to pay 10 freaking dollars for a soda and some candy that I can get for 2$ a the local gas station.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
didn't they forget why cinema's came into existence? Depression era, inexplicably inexpensive, no other way to get that type of entertainment, quality, a way to forget the troubles of the depression. Add those ingredients and mix well and you have theaters... if the theaters are dying its simply because there are less use for them. If you have a crappy business model, then your business is going to be crap. Quit complaining and give the people what they want, how they want it, or you won't get any money... it's called DEMOCRACY! fucktards.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
[citation][nom]Kingssman[/nom]I also heard that God sees you touching yourself in the Cinema too[/citation]

speaking of which... peewee herman is getting a new show!!! i'm pumped... haha, get it? pumped! :p

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
btw, the only cinema worth going to is the one that gives you a better experience than you get at home... So far only imax theaters do that for me... and that's just because of the uber high def and nausiating screen size...

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]btw, the only cinema worth going to is the one that gives you a better experience than you get at home... So far only imax theaters do that for me... and that's just because of the uber high def and nausiating screen size...[/citation]

yeah, all the theaters in this area suck. You pay a bunch of money to sit and watch ads for 20 minutes (which i think the movie should be free if we're subjected to this much advertising) and then watch a shakey, flickering, off-centered movie. I always leave thinking to myself "man, i should have just waiting for the bluray release and then actually OWN the movie to watch however many times i want and in better quality". Only reason ppl go to cinemas is for dates.

FSXFan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]lordfakie[/nom]Reading this I can really tell people talk and act without making any research or educating themself. We America deserve to be in this economic condition and we deserve worse. A movie theater does not make money on the movie.[/citation]
So they entered into a crappy business model, not my problem. My problem is that if I go to the movies I have to pay over $30, just for admission for my family. Then I get raped again for a drink, have to sit through a half hour of previews in their uncomfortable seats, put up with annoying people, etc. As far as I'm concerned, let the theaters die. I already haven't been to one in years, and they sure aren't about to use God or guilt to get me back.

Oh yeah, the studios could also start thinking about making more movies worth watching again. Like something with an actual plot that's not a sequel or remake of something else or just full of nothing but over the top CG crap. But I don't see it happening.

ottozero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
First of all, this is stupid. Second of all people steal something in life (material, ideas, images form webpages, jokes, kisses O_* you name it). So basically We all have to repent. Torrent haha.

ottozero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Another thing is people would rather Watch movies in their houses (not all people, but enough) so they can pause a movie and Used the Rest Room (hey I'm guilty ) or make a sandwhich or what not. Movie studios should just offer movies streamed straight into peoples houses at 1080p for 10-20 bucks (depending on you location e.g. Anahiem vs Beverly Hills)

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
As far as people saying, "God does this, God did that, God wants you to be this way or that".... I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.... I stopped believing in the easter bunny, tooth fairy Santa Claus, etc... when I was a kid, yet other fictitious B.S. just keeps making the rounds...

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
That is funny! I went to see Toy Story in 3D the other week and I dropped close to $45 for the 2 tickets and the one large combo! I think that permits me to download at least 9 movies now. Greedy bastards try to pull a guilt trip on us, but they shamelessly steal out money left and right!

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
If movie and Blu-ray prices were not so GOD aweful expensive people would buy more instead of pirating. Seriously $30 for a Blu-ray new release and almost $10 to see a one-time movie?

GREED is killing the entertainment business, not pirates. Pirating is the by-product of consumer revolt against those ridiculous prices.

oishi

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
I guess this means that pirates are rather powerful. To think, all this time, god only really cared about pirates. I don't think I'd download a movie I really wanted to see in theaters, but now that I know what happens, some threatening calls may be placed to a few cinemas. "That's right, every Uwe Boll movie in one torrent." That oughta scare them...well, for more than one reason. Strange, though, cinemas get killed by god for torrenting, kittens get killed for masturbating, but Hitler gets to die on his own terms...hmmm...

trevorblain

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
Just wanted to throw in my two cents, and forgive me if its already been stated. But here is a simple rule of economics, supply and demand...

For some reason, the so-called 'entertainment' industry seems to think they are above this basic principle. I find this particularly amusing considering entertainment is strictly speaking, not an imperative. Yet they have the audacity to continually raise their price of admission, as well as all the incidentals (snacks, etc). If their revenues are really being hurt that much by piracy, then simple economics indicates that their product is failing to offer enough to compete. So they need to innovate, offer more bang for the buck, give people a reason to go to the theater again. But they don't. They use single minded arrogance to raise their prices all around to compensate for their declining attendance. And these nimrods don't see that all they are doing is driving people away more and more.

Lets do some simple math...

Go to a theater means: trying to find a parking spot, paying 10 bucks a ticket to get in, standing in line to pay an for overpriced snacks shoveled into a paper bag by a punk with acne and an attitude, stumbling over the knees of other movie goers to get to a seat because they have narrowed the rows in order to cram more people into a theater, have to tolerate other people's noisy kids/cells phones/chatting, unable to pause the movie to take a leak or grab more to eat (or answer your phone for that matter), then wade through a sea of people to get out and back to your car to contend with the outgoing traffic....

OR

Stay and home, watch it for the cost of your monthly rental service (or free, if you pirate), no parking, no kids/phones/chatting (unless thats just how your house is, in which case you should be staying home anyyway and not ruining it for everyone else), free access to your fridge and all the snacks you have on hand purchased for reasonable grocery store prices, able to pause when you need to piss or smack the kids around to get em to shush for the flick, and as an added bonus, you can make out with your significant other without grossing the hell out of a stadium full of people.

I have HD and bluray and a comfy couch I can stretch out on to watch a movie and for all the movies I watch, even after the cost of all the equipment purchased I am STILL saving money.

If the movie industry wishes to survive and do do their business as usual, they are dreaming. They will always be around to make the movies, but unless they learn to innovate or at least come to grips with reality, they better just accept that they are going to end up making films for people to watch at home.

Wake up MPAA, you're not bulletproof. give me a reason to go to a theater. you havent done that in a LONG time. And im not gonna cry when you throw yourself into the grave you've been diggin for years.

rsemedo

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2007
The biggest problem(and I'm not being ironic) is that the studios spend money making movies for people like the ones in this forum...you guys only talk about popcorns, soda, pause the movie, get more food, nice couch, girls...WTF!?!?!?! Do you ever thought about the idea of going to the movies because of the movie?????? But it's not your fault, the Hollywood studios on make crapy movies for this kind of audience and then they complain....!!

G

You should do what the rest of the world does: Eat real food at a restaurant and then go to the cinema. It's not so complicated to concentrate just in the movie you want to watch and stop eating for two hours...

G

$6.00 popcorn, $7.50 large soda, and $3.50 for a pack of M&M's killed the returning customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.