Going to college desktop or laptop for gaming

Waltman

Estimable
Jul 7, 2015
Hey guys I wanted to know if you guys had any ideas for a gaming desktop or laptop from newegg I'm looking for something around the 1200 dollar range or lower my biggest concerns are 1. portability since I am a college student I want something to take to class 2. Being able to play gw2 on med/high graphics with a fps of 40 or higher 3. Having windows 8.1 eventually I will get windows 10 4. Doing school work since in majoring in computer science and information systems and ideas would be helpful also I'm not looking to build anything event hough I know it's easy and possibly cheaper

Solution
All-in-one (desktop) machines can be difficult to carry due to screen size and weight.

"Gaming" laptops with a dedicated graphics card are typically 15" or larger and 5+ pounds, so they aren't exactly portable either which is why they are called 'desktop replacements'. Ideally to carry around, 13-14" screen and 4 pounds or less would be best. Most laptops in this config won't have a dedicated graphics card, so you'll need to choose between a larger size and weight for more computer power, or lighter weight for less power.

Some gaming laptop companies like Gigabyte may have the right config combination you want, but I didn't see them on NewEgg. As far as laptops, NewEgg is quite limited.

gskill support

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
All-in-one (desktop) machines can be difficult to carry due to screen size and weight.

"Gaming" laptops with a dedicated graphics card are typically 15" or larger and 5+ pounds, so they aren't exactly portable either which is why they are called 'desktop replacements'. Ideally to carry around, 13-14" screen and 4 pounds or less would be best. Most laptops in this config won't have a dedicated graphics card, so you'll need to choose between a larger size and weight for more computer power, or lighter weight for less power.

Some gaming laptop companies like Gigabyte may have the right config combination you want, but I didn't see them on NewEgg. As far as laptops, NewEgg is quite limited.

Solution