Good editing software?

jcup

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Hello, I am looking for a good editing program that isn't as advance as Sony Vegas Pro 12 or as expensive. I don't really want to spend a ton of money on an editing program so a good free one or a rather cheap one would be nice. I am not trying to make montages or something where I need all of the capabilities Sony Vegas has. Just simple stuff like cut and trim, add overlays, slow motion, captions, filters, video-on-video. I was using the software that came with the Roxio Game Capture pro called 'videowave' and it had everything I needed to do on it but it was a nightmare. Constantly crashing and going unresponsive and got very frustrating when hours of editing went down the drain do to a random and untraceable crash. Got any ideas? I've tried Vegas but I was so lost. It looked like Alien technology to me!

Solution
cyberlink powerdirector 12 ultra or extreme

I was in same boat. After using the trial I just fell in love with all I could do and how simple it was to use.

They have several different bundles you can say, and normally always like 50% off and throw in audio director or photo director and other stuff. I got the $100 one and got a bunch of packs and audio director which really helps eliminate wind noise and everything else from my movies.

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
cyberlink powerdirector 12 ultra or extreme

I was in same boat. After using the trial I just fell in love with all I could do and how simple it was to use.

They have several different bundles you can say, and normally always like 50% off and throw in audio director or photo director and other stuff. I got the $100 one and got a bunch of packs and audio director which really helps eliminate wind noise and everything else from my movies.

Solution

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I believe their 'ultra' version is somewhere around $50 and comes with a good chunk of everything. The versions above that include the ultra but add on like audio or more creative packs and stuff. But otherwise the core program is in ultra and should go for $50.

I have power director 12, adobe photoshop elements/premier elements/pinnacle studio 18 I think it is, and have tried both vegas which now is pro, and adobes creative suite for $20 month that gives you everything in their arsenal. And out all of the programs I still own all but the creative suite, but I still pretty much just use power director for my heavy lifting major video edits. I use pinnacle for capturing, and adobe for organizing. All those programs seems to be the best for what they do, but if I had to pick just one, it'd be power director. Don't even use the $600 sony pro 12 or w/e it is now. Your right, just to complicated, don't have time to learn let alone use.