Good Encryption or "Folder Lock" Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

endoftheline2

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
I'm looking for a good program that will let me encrypt a single folder, so that you have to enter a password to view the files inside it/ decrypt it.

I'm looking for something that won't slow down the accessing of folders and files that much, and that works well across windows xp, vista, 7.

Anyone know of a program like this? Doesn't have to be free per say, I'd be interested in for pay programs as well if they are good.

emma lee

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
I know Glary Utilities Encrypter and Decrypter doesn't slow down the accessing of folders and files at all, I ensure. It works terrifically.

But the question is that it can only lock a single file. It can't lock a whole folder in which there are more than one file.

megatubai

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009

i will suggest go for the folder lock software ......as area51reopen wrote is rgt.....trust on google for this :D :D ....the BEST feature of this Folder lock software is that when you lock it ,it will not even show on the hard disk that is if there is nothing....so no one will be able to see it ....it will work great as if you share your pc....personal thing will remain even very personl :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

So go on give it try.... :bounce: :bounce:

endoftheline2

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
I looked at the folder lock, but it seems to be a free trial only, I found this freeware encryption software, that seems very powerful, it can even encrypt your entire harddrive should you choose to:

http://www.truecrypt.org/

but at a simple level, it allows you to create a virtual encrypted file container for what ever files you wish.

G

Are you business files not so important? I would never use a free program to secure my most important data. That's like committing a suicide. Rather, I would use what's popular, has customer support and can improve with time. I am using Folder Lock, you can download it from
It seems to be the best out there. Trust me!

franklin101

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
Are you business files not so important? I would never use a free program to secure my most important data. That's like committing a suicide. Rather, I would use what's popular, has customer support and can improve with time. I am using Folder Lock, you can download it from

It seems to be the best out there. Trust me!

I have a feeling this person works for that company. Whats wrong with using an opensource program which you can check for properly integrated encryption. Using closed source is generally more dangerous because they might use extremely weak, or improperly implemented encryption.

Using a free program to secure data is not suicide, but safe practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.