Google’s Other Tools: The Good and the Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

awaken688

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
Can't say I fully agree with Google Checkout. It is useful to have, but it severely lacks in features. Try to send an invoice by email with any formatting. It works, but it certainly could use an upgrade in feature area. Especially now that it isn't cheaper than PayPal for the average person.

shaoran lee

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
thanks for the information.. but you forgot the Google Translator that in my personal opinion is the best, becouse not just translates (with a few options) it also gives the pronunciation and the diccionary with examples.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
Youtube and Google Translator--definitely worthy of our attention. Does anybody know the total count on how many different named products Google has at this point?

shaoran lee

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]Tomsguiderachel[/nom]Youtube and Google Translator--definitely worthy of our attention. Does anybody know the total count on how many different named products Google has at this point?[/citation]

well chek this out

G

what about sketchup? actually the easiest 3d modeler full of features

Ho0d1um

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]heitorkooji[/nom]what about sketchup? actually the easiest 3d modeler full of features[/citation]
I was just going to ask that.

exogenboy

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I think you are bit too hard on Docs. It is a very convenient application for editing the same documents in multiple locations around the world at the same time on multiple OSes without too many hang-ups. I've used it in collaborative writing very successively for a couple of years already. At least a year ago there was not even any better solutions available for that purpose. Haven't checked out since, though.

techseven

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Great article, nice to get a quick overview of Google's enormous span of useful applications.

Now I realize just how much grip Google has on me! So many apps I couldn't be without, and they aren't even all listed here - Like Google translate...

I installed Picasa after reading this article an was happy to discover that now you can choose which folder are monitored, instead of the default (and annoying) feature of scanning the whole system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS