Google and Samsung Unveil the Galaxy Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Leuman[/nom]Hell no!!! Iphone 4s it is![/citation]

I now have AIDS of the eyes and am going Full Retard.

Personally, I can't wait for the chefs to port ICS to other devices.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]I guess Android is ok, but my friends would think I was poor if I got one...better stick with the iPhone.[/citation]

Now, THAT's funny.

Balle195

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Looks nice! Still going to wait for the Nokia/Microsoft Windows phones tho :) The future cloud streaming through all the Windows devices got me !

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
"
Samsung's Galaxy Nexus and HTC's Rezound have both shown up in Verizon's Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) list in what's a sign of them getting close and being expensive. Either of the Android phones could cost $300 on a contract

Read more: http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/10/14/verizon.spoils.expensive.nexus.rezound.plans/#ixzz1bFWJrwT8"

Yea.... 300 with contract and disappointing hardware upgrade. No thanks. This makes the SGSII more appealing since it will eventually get ICS anyways with a more reasonable price range. They are beginning to think they are Apple, charging such high prices. What is up with the T-Mobile disloyalty also, didn't they support the first to Nexus phones first, and also the first Android phone, why don't they get exclusivity first.

teaspoon

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]1. How long does the battery last?2. What is call quality like?Neither of those questions were answered.[/citation]
The quality of both will be fine. A mega company would let a phone with bad call quality and horrible battery life be their flagship device

win7guru

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Wow only 10hrs behind every other tech site. Tom's used to be good at getting the scoop on a story, now they are sad. Engadget actually sent reporters for the event.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
contract-less CDMA provider (as digital drops calls ALL the time) or it's an industry flop. The iphone is popular because the mass public is gullable and beyond stupid. 100$ a month for a phone? 1200 bucks a year? 12,000 USD in a decade, hell no.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]win7guru[/nom]Wow only 10hrs behind every other tech site. Tom's used to be good at getting the scoop on a story, now they are sad. Engadget actually sent reporters for the event.[/citation]
That's because Tom's reporters were all in pilgrimage at Jobs' shrine....
I will get this phone as soon as there is a rooting procedure for it. Shouldn't take long at all.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
All I know is this:

By the end of 2011, more people will have left their Android Phone for the iPhone than will leave the iPhone for an Android phone.

Dispute it all you want, but in this business, that means A LOT.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
The Phone is great, but ICS looks amazing.
As a WP7 user, I can definitely say they "copied" many things from Windows phones.

That said, I will still ditch my WP7 phone if they allow the Moto Electrify (the best Android device my carrier offers) an upgrade to ICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.