Solved! Google Chrome and Windows Media Player both keep closing without my permission.

rsharrott1

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
I've done anti-virus scans and come up with nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I even tried a system restore. As far as I can tell, all my other programs work just fine, yet these two programs just keep closing automatically at random intervals of time.

I came up with a temporary solution for Google Chrome where I left a tab open on a partially written forum post. It still tries to close every so often, but at least now it asks me permission so that I can refuse to exit. I have no idea what this could be and I have no idea how to come up with a more permanent fix. Any ideas?

Solution
Okay. I've found my answer. I had a broken touch screen that was auto-clicking on the top-right of the screen and closing it. I fixed it by disabling my touch screen in the Device Manager. So, feel free to ignore me.

rsharrott1

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Okay. I've found my answer. I had a broken touch screen that was auto-clicking on the top-right of the screen and closing it. I fixed it by disabling my touch screen in the Device Manager. So, feel free to ignore me.

Solution