Google Releases Chrome 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkant1n

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
I´ve been using it for a while (beta) and its a great improvement. I loved the Flag menu but i still think that all the about:(menu) should be accesible through the Settings menu in the browser.

I didn´t like the PDF reader though. Missing some basic control-buttons and options. Very poor implementation.

gamesmachine

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I agree with @dkant1n the pdf viewer is lacking the features of adobe, to the point the save feature doesn't work and I had to use adobe via IE9, which is annoying, hoping I can default back to adobe for now.

G

I'm loving the PDF implementation. What features are you missing the most? I can save (right-click) on the document and choose Save As... You can search for text within the document.

G

The new Chrome takes over the computers default PDF program. Why? I understand using foxIT if there isn't a PDF browser installed on the machine. My company which actively supports 15,000 users will no longer be allowing people to use our secure PDF website in google Chrome. KK thanks!

ecnovaec

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
[citation][nom]millican127[/nom]What I would really like to see in Chrome is:1. Google Toolbar2. Ability to use Firefox plugins in Chrome.[/citation]
.... you really don't know why where is no google toolbar in google chrome? LOL

chrisg683

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]millican127[/nom]What I would really like to see in Chrome is:1. Google Toolbar2. Ability to use Firefox plugins in Chrome.[/citation]

Extreme ignorance or the ultimate troll?

I definitely lol'd when I read it

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Chrome is my favorite browser, but it has some errors that aren't even resolved in the developers channel (Chrome 9). Every once in a while, it will show a few images or all the images on a page as broken, and clearing the cache and refreshing fixes this. However, this is a reoccurring problem which gets annoying. Another thing is that it sometimes fails to load youtube at all, it just stops and shows a blank page. It also hangs sometimes when rendering facebook, sometimes just rendering the top bar then loading for an endless time. I have tried the stable, beta, and dev releases, none are immune to these. I have no idea whats wrong, anyone think they know?

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I love chrome , especially on my BMX Frame! Totally Rad. Oh, and I love Google Chrome too!

Long live Google and Microsoft Together! The new Synergy. 2010-2025

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]i like firefox for its extensive plugins/extensions and chrome for its speed.[/citation]
Yeah if only there was a firefoogle browser combining both of them into the ultimate Nirvana-esque browser.

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]Yeah if only there was a firefoogle browser combining both of them into the ultimate Nirvana-esque browser.[/citation]

*Patents name* Good fight

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]Chrome is my favorite browser, but it has some errors that aren't even resolved in the developers channel (Chrome 9). Every once in a while, it will show a few images or all the images on a page as broken, and clearing the cache and refreshing fixes this. However, this is a reoccurring problem which gets annoying. Another thing is that it sometimes fails to load youtube at all, it just stops and shows a blank page. It also hangs sometimes when rendering facebook, sometimes just rendering the top bar then loading for an endless time. I have tried the stable, beta, and dev releases, none are immune to these. I have no idea whats wrong, anyone think they know?[/citation]
Stop using the dev version and start using the stable release.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
Amazing how you all big up everything apart from IE8 but you still grumble saying Firefox does this but Google Chrome does that and how Chrome 8 is a "big improvement". That suggests it wasn't quite as good as everyone says, and there's still improvements to be made. Make up your minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.