Solved! GPD WIN 2 Keeps Charging after it reaches 100%

cartoongamermatt

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
Hello,

I have noticed something strange with my GPD Win 2. When I plug it in, it will constantly charge, even after it reaches 100%. Laptops after 2010 are supposed to prevent batteries from overcharging after they reach around 97%. I typically charge my GPD Win 2 at night and when I am away. I do not want to ruin the battery, so I am trying to see if there is a way to prevent the battery from overcharging after it reaches a certain percentage. Is there something I can change in the settings or BIOS in order to force the GPD Win 2 to stop receiving a charge after a certain point?

Thanks,
Matt

Solution
Not all laptops after 2010 stops charging the battery after a certain point. Only manufacturers who have created custom battery management software for their laptops will have this ability. Such software is not native within Windows 10; the functionality of such software likely varies by motherboard models and the type of BIOS used by said motherboard.

You best option is to contact the manufacturer and ask them if the GPD Win 2 is suppose have battery management software. Perhaps they may have it on their website.
Not all laptops after 2010 stops charging the battery after a certain point. Only manufacturers who have created custom battery management software for their laptops will have this ability. Such software is not native within Windows 10; the functionality of such software likely varies by motherboard models and the type of BIOS used by said motherboard.

You best option is to contact the manufacturer and ask them if the GPD Win 2 is suppose have battery management software. Perhaps they may have it on their website.

Solution