Gpu overheating when i minimize the game.

kjnkid86

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
Just like the tittle says. I could not figure why my second gpu was overheating. It would randomly do it but it would never do it while i was playing the game itself. So after trying over and over to recreate the problem, i finally found out what i was doing that would cause it. If i am playing the game then minimize it, my gpu temp starts to rise. i stopped it at 95 degrees celsius. Now if i don't minimize the game and keep it open and open up another window, it doesn't over heat. Just when i minimize it.

kjnkid86

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
Its not overheating while playing the games. It can run the game for hours and my temp never goes above 80 degrees celsius. But the second i minimize the game it begins too overheat. I open the game back up and play it, the temp drops back down. Also i have a laptop cooler under it now. If it would be dirty it would overheat while i was playing the game not when i minimize it.

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
i7Baby is right. If you open your laptop's case and see, you'll probably find many dust particles inside. But minimising raises heat, but not playing, seems to be a bug in the game or operating system!

kjnkid86

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
Yeah it was an game issue. I was able to recreate the problem on multiple PC's and then i contacted the support for the game and they said they were aware of the problem.