Graphics Card Replacement? Or Upgrade? Or NAH

mattcarbonera

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015
I just want to ask if I can replace or upgrade my graphics card bc I am stuck with a basic intel HD graphics on my Dell Inspiron 15 5547 i7-4510u with 8gb of RAM 64 bit Win7 (ultimate)

I saw the same laptop of mine online but with a AMD Radeon™ HD R7 M265 2GB DDR3 graphics card and I just want to know if I can also upgrade to the same gpu :)

Reply A.S.A.P thanks guys and good day! :)

Solution
Most laptop parts are integrated or very hard to install in the event they are replaceable, on top of that, most brand name laptops don't take new components like that, and in the rare event they can, the software refuses to correspond with an aftermarket part like that.. OEM can be a pain in the ass :( I'd recommend going Desktop, specifically self-built.. You get way much performance for your buck.. And finely, that Graphics card you want to upgrade to, isn't very good. It's not worth investing in.

pjgmaster

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
Most laptop parts are integrated or very hard to install in the event they are replaceable, on top of that, most brand name laptops don't take new components like that, and in the rare event they can, the software refuses to correspond with an aftermarket part like that.. OEM can be a pain in the ass :( I'd recommend going Desktop, specifically self-built.. You get way much performance for your buck.. And finely, that Graphics card you want to upgrade to, isn't very good. It's not worth investing in.

Solution

pjgmaster

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

No problem. I know sometimes we really want to game but don't have the money for a new gaming rig so we try to find components that are cheap that we can work into pre-existing machines to make them better.. Unfortunately sometimes it turns out to be just not enough whether it still won't be powerful enough or the parts simply can't go together :( I'm afraid the only real way sometimes is to save up and build yourself a PC specifically for gaming. Notebooks just aren't designed for that type of performance.

Sorry, but the vast majority of laptops do not allow you upgrade the graphic. Only specific models of gaming laptops that costs $1,300+ will give you the option to upgrade the graphics. However, the key phrase is "specific models"; there are $2,000 gaming laptops that will not allow you to upgrade the graphics.