Guitar Hero: Reality TV Show; WoW: The Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope Slayer

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
There's been talk of a Warcraft based movie for years now. Just like a Mech Warrior, Mass Effect, Halo, ect, ect. Not anything new.

Seriously though, Guitar Hero was lame from the concept. I would how ever pay to see someone play it while having beer bottles thrown at them, just like at some real concerts!

G

I would definitely pay to see someone play guitar hero in a packed stadium! It would be awesome, but only if they release an evil power glove controller prior to the start of the tour.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Another reality show where talentless shills get on stage and scream "look at me! look at me! I am worthy of your admiration!"

I think I actually lost the will to live after reading this.

Will the WoW movie at least show some of the characters gliding during the different scenes?

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
What's really great about guitar hero is the authentic click-click-click-click when you strum... err.. press those colored buttons. Seriously though, we've become so lazy we have to create a video game to simulate playing a guitar, when a real guitar isn't that much more expensive and might actually develop some practical skills (and don't give me that hand-eye coordination B.S., everyone plays video games these days you aren't gaining any advantage).

G

as for guitar hero being turned into a reality show, though i doubt it will work, this country will make or break the silliest of things.

And i second Hope Slayer in saying that the WoW movie isn't anything new, Blizzard has been working on that since before the merger. I dare say that a WoW movie stands a better chance of being a hit than that of Guitar Hero, after all there's nearly 13 million subscribers world wide for that game.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Sadly, the Warcraft movie would likely be entirely Alliance side, focusing 95% on a human male and high elf female, showing no love for anyone else. Draenei? Tauren? Trolls? No one plays any of those, right?

Fail if it ever gets made.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
Yeah, because playing the guitar is a practical skill for a computer programmer. Gimme a break, it's a fun past time. I blow off an hour or two of my time drinking beer and pretend playing the guitar. Like I could do that with a real guitar. Two hours every couple of weeks and I might be able to play Wild thing after a year of trying.

Cynical

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
This really is getting ridiculous. Activision is beating the horse to death only to resurrect it and kill it again. Don't worry though, I'm sure there's still plenty of milking to be done with the "Hero" franchise.

Speculated titles coming in 2010 and 2011:
Flute Hero - Jethro Tull
Keyboard Hero - Yanni
Saxophone Hero - Kenny G
Violin Hero - Yo Yo Ma

and last but not least for those who are willing to keep supporting the "Hero" craze....

Skin Flute Hero - Jenna Jameson

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Exactly how the picture shows with Bill Gates... dorks play Guitar Hero. Let's face it, it's for those who can't handle DDR or Karaoke Revolution. I laugh at the monkeys who play the demos at Best Buy.

G

I attended the 2007 Blizzcon 2 years ago and the Worl of Warcraft movie was announced then. Why is this new news?

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
If there is WoW movie it better be made by Blizzard artists because I don't think there's any other CG video artists out there that could pull it off properly

G

Never played World of Warcraft, but from what I saw from my friends the movie would consist of grinding for lvls, or searching for magic shrooms to make into potions/whatever :-\

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I have to agree with the two above me - my first thought was - I heard there was talks of a WoW movie a long time ago.

personally, I think if they just made a movie using the CG they use during the intro's and made a good story out of it that it would rock! I don't understand why almost no one that I can think of off the top of my head, except Final Fantasy has tried this. I'd be all for that! =) (I'm not counting the Beowulf thing but it did show some things that could be done also)

Status
Not open for further replies.