Solved! Hacked Stylo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2019
My boyfriend hacked my phone, intercepting all my calls and text, tracking me, recording videos, took over all my online profiles, I went to the police station but they wanted to send a cop to our address but he's a first responder himself so I just left. Need help fixing my phone please

Solution
If you do the "Hard Reset" while the phone still is attached to said email, which would only take a few minutes, once the phone's reset is finished you could go into the email, on another device, and change the password. Then the access would no longer be something he could get. Not having the password any longer and no longer having anything on the phone.

However you would have to make sure they never have physical access to the phone again, so they can't put anything on it and also change all your passwords for all your other accounts prior to accessing any of them from the phone.

Other than this, there isn't anything you can do. If they have access to your email, and you don't resolve that, then using that email even on a new...
Your only option would be to "Hard Reset" the phone. However, it will require you have the original email and password that the phone was started with. The gmail address. So I would make sure that is secure and the password safe. You will need this when you do the "Hard Reset" to get the phone to work again. Without it, the phone won't work.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

Oct 14, 2019
Your only option would be to "Hard Reset" the phone. However, it will require you have the original email and password that the phone was started with. The gmail address. So I would make sure that is secure and the password safe. You will need this when you do the "Hard Reset" to get the phone to work again. Without it, the phone won't work.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.
He's got complete access to that email, he gets all of my info b4 it comes to me, so that's not an option, he will know I reset the password b4 I can use it

If you do the "Hard Reset" while the phone still is attached to said email, which would only take a few minutes, once the phone's reset is finished you could go into the email, on another device, and change the password. Then the access would no longer be something he could get. Not having the password any longer and no longer having anything on the phone.

However you would have to make sure they never have physical access to the phone again, so they can't put anything on it and also change all your passwords for all your other accounts prior to accessing any of them from the phone.

Other than this, there isn't anything you can do. If they have access to your email, and you don't resolve that, then using that email even on a new device would lead to the same problem.

Additionally, he can't access the email before it reaches your email box. He could only get it at the same time. So logging into your account and changing things would work just fine as long as done from a different device. Preferably a computer.

And in the future, don't give anyone access to any of your devices or accounts.

Solution
He's got complete access to that email, he gets all of my info b4 it comes to me, so that's not an option, he will know I reset the password b4 I can use it

This is not a phone issue, if someone has control of your accounts, you need to fix all the accounts that they have access to. You can talk to the police and setup a restraining order as well as explain what is happening. Digital harassment is still harassment. If someone has access to all your reset information you are a bit stuck unless you contact someone. And as said before, don't give out your information to people in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.