Hands On With the Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]I'm waiting for a nexus 10 tablet ^-^Hopefully that one will not have the overhyped Tegra 3 SoC. I wish[/citation]

My guess is the next Nexus tablet with have Tegra 3+, or whatever they end up calling Tegra 3 + LTE. Although there's always a chance that Qualcomm swoops in with an S4 solution.

-Devin Connors, Tom's Guide

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
My Nexus 7 will be coming tomorrow :)
From what I seen so far, I know I will be in love with it. Planning on passing the iPad 2 to my gf.

If they're going to make Nexus 7 or 10 with LTE/HSPA+, please make sure there's a version without. I don't want to pay for hardware that I will never use.
Plenty of wifi at home and work, and whenever I'm out I can tether to my SGS2 for FREE.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
So far I am liking what I see with the Nexus 7, apparent launch glitches aside such as some coming apart.

I am seriously looking at this for class. A 7 inch tablet suits my needs, I have a laptop if I need something bigger and more powerful.

What I don't understand though is the lack of a SD slot. Even phones come standard with one. I have 48GB of storage in my Droid Bionic (16GB internal, 32GB SD) and 16GB on a tablet is just paltry in comparison. I understand that they want to push their cloud services, but not everyone is interested in the cloud and the cloud can't be accessed everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.