Hands On With the Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]I'm waiting for a nexus 10 tablet ^-^Hopefully that one will not have the overhyped Tegra 3 SoC. I wish[/citation]

My guess is the next Nexus tablet with have Tegra 3+, or whatever they end up calling Tegra 3 + LTE. Although there's always a chance that Qualcomm swoops in with an S4 solution.

-Devin Connors, Tom's Guide

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
My Nexus 7 will be coming tomorrow :)
From what I seen so far, I know I will be in love with it. Planning on passing the iPad 2 to my gf.

If they're going to make Nexus 7 or 10 with LTE/HSPA+, please make sure there's a version without. I don't want to pay for hardware that I will never use.
Plenty of wifi at home and work, and whenever I'm out I can tether to my SGS2 for FREE.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
So far I am liking what I see with the Nexus 7, apparent launch glitches aside such as some coming apart.

I am seriously looking at this for class. A 7 inch tablet suits my needs, I have a laptop if I need something bigger and more powerful.

What I don't understand though is the lack of a SD slot. Even phones come standard with one. I have 48GB of storage in my Droid Bionic (16GB internal, 32GB SD) and 16GB on a tablet is just paltry in comparison. I understand that they want to push their cloud services, but not everyone is interested in the cloud and the cloud can't be accessed everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS