ninji191

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016
Hey everyone.

So my laptop gave me the error message 0xc000000f the other day, so I tried repairing it with a windows CD, but the process would get stuck some point after the language selection. it would just keep on loading, even when i left it for a night. Then I tried installing a new windows with the same CD but faced the same problem. I bought 2 more windows CD's but no dirt. I then made a repair disk using another computer but at the system recovery options screen, it gave me the same problem of loading forever. Also, it showed the partition size as 0MB. I ran diagnostics, which told me I had a hardware problem, and gave me this information, if it helps: validation 52972 MSG = Hard Drive 0 - S/N TM85134TGB8EGM SELF TEST UNCESSFUL STATUS = 7.

Some info about my laptop. It's an inspiron N5050 BIOS version A03. (I know its old, but I love this laptop, and even if I have to, I cannot buy a new one at the moment.) I had windows 7.

I have also noticed that the CD stops 'whirring' (I'm sorry, I don't know the correct word, I only know a bit about computers) soon after the laptops seems to get stuck at some point. Plus, I cannot start the windows at all...

Please help me out with this I have some important projects coming up in the next month and I will need my laptop. If I have missed out some information needed for the solution of this problem, please ask and I will provide it.

Yamitime

Estimable
Sep 4, 2014
The hdd has failed . Try running chkdsk /r from a command box.
1. select RUN from start section
2. type or copy and paste chkdsk /r press enter
It may ask if you would like to run it from restart yes.
This will check for errors with hdd.
If it cant repair you will need a 2.5 inch sata drive to replace .

It may be worth checking if its become loose in the laptop .just a couple of screws on the bottom.

ninji191

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016

I can't start the windows at all..... I'm sorry I hadn't written that in my Q, I just added it. I did check the SATA drive, as far as i can see its not loose

ninji191

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016

The listed SATA drive in the link does not export to my country.. Is there no possible way to fix the laptop without having to buy any other parts as laptop parts are rather expensive in my country and hard to get....

ninji191

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016

It's 2 am right now, so I can't go out to buy one nor can I order one cuz my parents will kill me if I order something at 2 in the morning... Sooo yeah... hopefully there's some other solution I can test till tomorrow morning comes... I tried testing my SATA drive in my younger bro's pc, but there's a size difference.....