Hdmi-dvi cable converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvindoz

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Hello,
I have a Samsung TV with an HDMI port or Mini VGA port to hook up to computer. I have a Dell Latitude Lap Top with only a USB, ESata, port and one that looks like a USB port with the upper left hand corner of the port shaved off in the shape of a triangle--I don't know what that port is for. But I do not have a VGA port on the laptop. Would like to know how I could hook-up my laptop to the PC availability of the Samsung LED TV...

Solution
What specific Dell model do you have. Most likely, you have either an HDMI or a DisplayPort connection on your Dell if it is a fairly recent model. If that is so, you need either a HDMI to HDMI cable or a DisplyPort to HDMI cable (or adapter).

You may also have a mini-DisplayPort connection. So , send us your model and we'll be able to guide you better.

Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What specific Dell model do you have. Most likely, you have either an HDMI or a DisplayPort connection on your Dell if it is a fairly recent model. If that is so, you need either a HDMI to HDMI cable or a DisplyPort to HDMI cable (or adapter).

You may also have a mini-DisplayPort connection. So , send us your model and we'll be able to guide you better.

Good luck!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.