stallionstu

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
hey mate, i bought a plama yesterday and my digital tv runs without interference, my xbox and playstation also run without interference ... yet my SKY BOX gets interference every single 10 seconds.. the whole screen looks to be resetting itself like when you change channel, but it happens EVERY SINGLE 10 seconds... ive rang the manufacturers and they said i need to buy a 1.4 hdmi cable!! im a bit sceptic because i have 4 hdmi cables here and the same problem happens on every cable, but the tech support team says they most probably aint 1.4 cables.... can you help at all please? any advice will be great

I am also skeptical that an HDMI 1.4a will make any difference. The only difference with 1.4a is that there is an audio return path so TV sound can play through a surround system without and an additional cable and there is a network connection to save running an additional cable for smart TV functions.
I would check with Skybox and see if there is an HDMI issue with that TV. If the HDMI cables you have are all the same brand then I would try brand cable since HDMI can be a real pain when they don't work.
Also if you can set the resolution of the Skybox try a different setting (720p or 1080i).