diddy1960

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hello All,
I have just acquired a Replay XD POV camera that has an HDMI output connector, which I want to attach to some form of monitoring device.

I have a tablet PC with an HDMI connector, but I don't see any way to view the input from the camera. Is this even possible?

If not, anyone got any suggestions for cheap monitoring solutions? Image quality isn't important at all, just being able to view the framing and positioning of the shot.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

diddy1960

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hmmm 216 views, no response.

I've since discovered that PCs, Tablets, etc. don't allow for HDMI input, which kinda busts that idea, but I would still be interested in anyone's opinions regarding monitoring options. Prices I've checked range from about US$80 - 120 for cheaper models, but here in Taiwan, they seem to be a lot more expensive than that...

diddy1960

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

Wow a response! :)

I was beginning to think that this post had stumped everyone! :)

Thanks for the reply Ken, much appreciated, and thanks for the link. Most of the HDMI-capable monitors, however, are bigger than 17", which as a "mobile solution" is not really ideal! :)

I'm kinda looking for more of a handheld option, and the only 7" model on newegg doesn't have HDMI input.

Oh well, the search continues.

Thanks again for the response.