HDMI Splitter Suggestions?

CCockrell

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
So I now plan to mount a TV on my back porch, and instead of getting another cable box, I need to just go the HDMI splitter route. I have been doing some research online, and for the most part it seems that all the ones i have looked at are ok, but are not perfect by any means. If anyone here has any experience with HDMI splitters, please suggest what would be a good purchase

As you have found there are a lot of HDMI distribution amplifiers out there. They differ in their ability to work with long HDMI cables and if they can compensate for differences in the TVs. If one is 720p and the other 1080p you will only get 720p on both of them unless the distribution amp can compensate for this. Here is an example of a high quality one:
http://atlona.com/product/at-hdda-2/
I suspect this is more than you could justify in price. My suggestion is to buy the distribution amp and HDMI cables so you can return them if they don't work. Try them before permanently running the HDMI cable to make sure. If it doesn't you can try a different cable and/or amp combination. The cable doesn't affect the picture quality but it can affect whether you get a reliable connection
HDMI can be tricky and if you have to spend a lot to get it to work then another cable box might be worth the price.

CCockrell

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
Thanks for the info. I bought a tv for my outdoor deck and was trying to run the same feed from my receiver that is hooked up in my den. I have already put my outdoor speakers running off of a different receiver for the sound which comes from the optical out on the tv to the older receiver, so whatever is playing inside on the tv sends the sound also to the outside speakers.

My fear is that since i bought a 720p tv from a pawn shop (Vizio E320-A0) for 130.00, that ill have to unplug the hdmi to the splitter when i am not using the tv so i can get 1080p to my tv in my den. Kinda should have waited for a deal on a 1080p tv for out there instead of rushing in. Best Buy's daily deal today is a 32 inch 1080p insignia.. kicking myself for not waiting!