hdmi to coax adapter?

smf412

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
New Virgin box only has hdmi output but signal to kitchen tv is cabled through an old vcr that only has scart or coax. I need a way to attach new tv box to old vcr. Don't really want to flaff about running new hdmi cable under floorboards even if the hdmi splitter I've ordered works. I'm also not interested in spending several hundred pounds to achieve it.

Solution
Does the new TV box have red/white/yellow RCA in addition to HDMI? The problem with the HDMI output is that it will be HD. The VCR needs non-HD video. If the TV box has RCA outputs that are active at the same time as HDMI, you may be able to do what you want. But with an HD TV box, you might be out of luck.

kanewolf

Judicious
Does the new TV box have red/white/yellow RCA in addition to HDMI? The problem with the HDMI output is that it will be HD. The VCR needs non-HD video. If the TV box has RCA outputs that are active at the same time as HDMI, you may be able to do what you want. But with an HD TV box, you might be out of luck.

Solution
Since you have already ordered an HDMI splitter (an active one I hope) you would need to also buy an HDMI to AV converter as well as an AV RF modulator to send the signal to the VCR. Won't look good at all.
There are wireless HDMI solutions but they are pricey.
You could use an HDMI over coax converter. That would bypass the VCR and get you an HD signal in the kitchen. Not as pricey and you get remote control from the kitchen too.
https://www.amazon.com/single-75ohm-Extender-Sender-Receiver/dp/B00HWIWEMU