hdmi won't work in any port

breena

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015
I have a dell computer and a Samsung big screen TV that host 5 HMDI ports. I tried them all. I switched ends and repeated the process. Nothing. Is it that my TV is no longer recognizing my computer? What do I do to introduce them so they can recognize each other?
The help from the community would be well appreciated. It's a Netflix thing. Thank you

Mr Soup

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
You mentioned "no longer recognizing my computer" does that mean it worked before? If so what has changed since that time? New graphics card, new drivers, etc.

Have you tried the HDMI cable you are using for something else? The cable could be bad?

Is it a direct connection from computer to the TV or are you routing through a box, receiver, etc.?

If the setup was working before you may just have a handshake issue. Try to cycle the power fully off for both devices (unlplugged). Let them sit for 30 seconds and then power them up in order first the computer, then the TV. If it is a handshake issue and nothing else has changed this might fix it.

Most TVs are very picky about computer input and require specific resolutions, refresh rates, and specific HDMI ports or at times a VGA port. If you can provide more info about make/model of your equipment the problem is easier to diagnose.

carsong

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
All you have to do is to check that the selected source(INPUT) for your tv is HDMI and make sure that you select the HDMI that exact to the connector you are using, like if you connect the HDMI cable to HDMI 2 make sure the selected source(Input) option is HDMI2 not HDMI 1 or HDMI 3....

second suggestion don't forget to try another cable may the tv is good and fine but the cable is damaged