HDTV antenna- not getting all the channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam2000

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
I live in the NYC suburbs so I know I have a good straight signal to manhattan. Before the conversion to HD I got all the channels 2,4,5,7,9,11,13, NJN (50), and sometimes a few Philly channels.
After the HD broadcast conversion- I got an HD TV, and an HD antenna. I set up the antenna the way you are supposed to- did the channel search. When the search is complete it says it found around 40 channels. I think, great I'm going to get all those extra HD channels that are broadcast like Cozi, Antenna TV, etc. What do I get? Barely anything- no network channels- just the NJN now called NJTV and a bunch of Spanish and Korean channels?
I even tried the manual way, without the channel search and still the same problem.

What's going on? What am I doing wrong? I live right outside NYC, I should be getting a lot more channels than this. It almost reminds me of when on old analog TV sets you'd switch the UHF/VHF switch and get a few more oddball channels (all I'm getting right now are those oddball ones)

Any tips? This is happening on all the HDTVs I have, not just one. Thank you.

Solution
I have tried a number of different antennas in Queens and it make a huge difference which one and exactly where you are. The best one I used is the Terk TV55 but I haven't tried any new ones. An amplified one is probably needed unless it's a roof antenna.
It will also make a difference if you are splitting the signal to more than on TV. Channel 13 can be a pain to get.
I have tried a number of different antennas in Queens and it make a huge difference which one and exactly where you are. The best one I used is the Terk TV55 but I haven't tried any new ones. An amplified one is probably needed unless it's a roof antenna.
It will also make a difference if you are splitting the signal to more than on TV. Channel 13 can be a pain to get.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS