xreality

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Hello I am new to Tom's Hardware forums all though I have browsed the site for many years and just not recently decided to join the community! I have purchased a 37" Olevia HDTV from an online merchant, it's factory refurbished. Anyhow I have had it for under a month now and recently have started to noticed some odd things happening when I leave it off for lets say a few hours then return to turn it on and I get this color bleed sorta...Anyhow I have recorded a video showing what happens posted on youtube.
[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/v/u8UFIDLfzrI&rel=1[/flash]

I would appreciate feedback about this I am thinking about returning it...

Thanks.
-Mike

Altema00

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
You can't really tell exactly whats going on from a video, because the camera can't record what's happening on a screen for anyone to be absolutely certain. Return it and get one thats brand new from a company like sony or samsung. You have absolutely no idea what your television has been through.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Olevia has some good performance TV if it works properly but reliability is always an issue with that company. Like Altema00 remarks, return the TV for refund or exchange if you can and get Panasonic, Sony or Philips. I found that some Sumsung products require recalebration. A little greeny for my taste. although most TVs still need to recalibrate others are just easy to tolerate the colors.