Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2019
I recently got a new gaming pc. However, after just a week of playing on it, i have been noticing a loud buzzing sound in my headset (Sennheiser GSP 600). I have tried different headsets on my pc and they don't have the problem, and when i connected my headset to to my phone and other PCs, the problem is not there. I have reset my realtek drivers, doesn't work, the headset is not in contact with any electronics, and I've tried not other electrical devices in its proximity. Neither have solved the problem. Anyone knows what i can do to fix the problem? As I lower my headset sound (not the PCs, then it stays the same) the buzzing sound lowers as well. Its beggining to be unplayable on the pc as my ears hurt after just 5 minutes of gaming. Disabling the mic by pulling out the wire doesn't work either. Anyone know what to do?

(btw the PC specs are: GTX1650, i5-9400F, 16GB ram 512GB PCle SSD and windows 10 if that helps)

Solution
NOTE: It is quiet normal for headphones plugged into a computer, or other device, when not playing any kind of sounds, to have a static like sound on them.

It may be that they are to sensitive with that device. As you have tried many of the steps I would have suggested (trying other headphones in the device, trying those headphones in other devices, etc.) I would suggest you try the following...

Try and connect the headphones through a USB connection (this will require a 3.5mm, or dual one as the case may be, to USB adapter) and see if the problem goes away. If so, it may be the headphone jack on the laptop that is the problem.

If that doesn't resolve it, then it may well be the headphones themselves have a problem.

All recorded...
NOTE: It is quiet normal for headphones plugged into a computer, or other device, when not playing any kind of sounds, to have a static like sound on them.

It may be that they are to sensitive with that device. As you have tried many of the steps I would have suggested (trying other headphones in the device, trying those headphones in other devices, etc.) I would suggest you try the following...

Try and connect the headphones through a USB connection (this will require a 3.5mm, or dual one as the case may be, to USB adapter) and see if the problem goes away. If so, it may be the headphone jack on the laptop that is the problem.

If that doesn't resolve it, then it may well be the headphones themselves have a problem.

All recorded audio has a degree of noise or static; how obvious it is to the listener depends on the quality of the media it’s recorded on, the playback technology and the listening device. Replacing your headphones with a noise-reducing or noise-canceling set could clear up the problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.