Mastergrief NPR

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
College is just around the corner, and I have been wondering what headset should i get to game in college. I will be staying in the honor's college dorms so hopefully ambient noise will be less than 'typical' college dorms. I would like surround sound capability from the headset as well. I have a crappy 5 year old rocket fish sound card that does not support headset surround. Money is not really an issue. Thank you for your advice.

My son went away to college with a $355 set of Sennheisers ... he came back with a $100 Logitech G930.... main reason is, every time there's a knock at the door ya stand up and the wire rips the thing off ya head till finally the cable connector fails.

pierrerock

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
yeah the G930 is very good, it is basically a wireless G430, but it also cost more. So it is up to you whether you feel like you need a wireless headset or not.

It highly depend if you are the kind of person which take good care of his things or not !

Mastergrief NPR

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Should I look for open or for closed headsets? I only intend to use it in my dorm room. Also at the college I will be going to the rooms are suite style meaning that every person gets their own room. I am afraid that if I get an open headset that I might be disturbed by others and vise versa.