Headset mic buzzing noise stops when touching my case

LetsGetGaming

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
My first thread here so forgive me if I do something wrong xD

Anyway as the title kind of gives a clue my headset mic makes this buzzing/humming noise. Now ive searching my butt off everywhere searching for an answer and what I think might be a problem is the outlet or my psu. When touch my case or the radiator (which is right next to my feat) the buzzing stops or at the very least its faint to hear. Now the problem is when I'm in skype its fine my friends cant hear the buzzing but when im recording or streaming then it sounds like a workman outside drilling the pavement at 5oclock in the damn morning. So does anyone know what I can do for this annoying problem?

P.s I got a corsair hs40 and I had a previous headset the Microsoft livechat and I didn't have this problem

Solution
well if your previous headset did not have a problem.. and your new one does, chances are pretty good the problem is with your new headset.
this buzzing sound "usually" means a loose connection somewhere.

If you havent already -- check all your connections to make sure they are solid
headset -> pc case -> motherboard
pc psu -> power strip -> wall plug
Does the headset have a removable cable? ... if so, check that too.

Do you have your old headset? Try that one and see if the buzzing is still there.

Also check any other things you have plugged in. speakers? usb stuff? as a temporary solution, try unplugging each peripheral one at a time to see if it helps or not.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
well if your previous headset did not have a problem.. and your new one does, chances are pretty good the problem is with your new headset.
this buzzing sound "usually" means a loose connection somewhere.

If you havent already -- check all your connections to make sure they are solid
headset -> pc case -> motherboard
pc psu -> power strip -> wall plug
Does the headset have a removable cable? ... if so, check that too.

Do you have your old headset? Try that one and see if the buzzing is still there.

Also check any other things you have plugged in. speakers? usb stuff? as a temporary solution, try unplugging each peripheral one at a time to see if it helps or not.

Solution