Headset Microphone Front Panel Connectors

May 7, 2018
Hi, I've recently built a new PC using the Z270A-Pro motherboard and everything is working great but I cannot for the life of me, get my headset to work with sound and microphone, or any microphone input to work. If I only plug the headset into the Microphone jack, the mic still doesn't work. There was a rare case when I had some microphone input working but It was literally coming from another headsets speakers rather than microphone?

What do I need to do to make my headset work with sound and mic? I've used a splitter and that didn't do anything

May 7, 2018
What model of headphone/microphone do you want to use?
Have you tried on the motherboard connectors?
Are you sure you plugged the Front Audio Panel connector correctly onto your motherboard?
Did you install all necessary drivers?

May 7, 2018

I'm primarily using a bose headset for now but I've switched to other headsets and earphones with inbuilt mics and none are working.

I've tried on all motherboard connectors and same result.

I do believe the front audio panel connectors are correctly installed as the machine identifies that I have stuff plugged in and I can hear sound just not mic input.

I have
Intel Display Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
installed.

Sorry if I sound bad at this, i'm only just starting out

May 7, 2018

So it's a pair of headphones with built-in mic and only one connector at the end (standard jack but with 3 black rings instead of 2)?
It cannot work this way. This works great for smartphones (and certain laptops that support it) that have the correct plug to differenciate headphone out and mic in. The front pannel connector on your desktop does not work this way. You need a seperate connection for the audio out (the headphones) and the mic in.
Luckily for you, some people make adapters : https://www.amazon.fr/KINGTOP-C%C3%A2ble-Adaptateur-St%C3%A9r%C3%A9o-Femelle/dp/B0177MQ7IW

May 7, 2018

Yeah, I've tried an adapter and still not working. :(

I've also plugged two headsets in at the same time and the sound out will work but the mic in still won't work.

May 7, 2018
Plugging your headphones into the headphone jack should give you sound. But, for the mic, you should plug in a microphone only, not a headphone/mic combo. If the jack adapter/splitter doesn't work, I don't know what will...